WKGA-Kowaliga Country 97.5 and WAXC-TV 3 d/b/a LBI Media Inc.
General Contest Rules
The following stipulates basic contest rules for any and all contests both “on” and “off” the air, featured on WAXC-TV 3 and WKGA-Kowaliga Country 97.5.
Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
- Prizes must be picked up within 10 days of winning at the WAXC-WKGA studios, 1051 Tallapoosa Street, Alexander City, Alabama 35010. Prizes may only be claimed during normal business hours 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- All prizes must be claimed in person. Winners must present two (2) valid forms of identification, one with picture, to claim a prize. Winners may be required to sign a release form to claim a prize.
- Designated representative: In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to claim prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required, including representatives name and social security number, along with a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license/state ID. The designated representative must also provide (2) valid forms of ID. WAXC-WKGA will determine what constitutes a “unique situation”.
- All WAXC-WKGA contests are open to any and all viwers and listeners, with the exception of employees of Lake Broadcasting, Inc., its agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- WAXC-WKGA is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible mail of facsimile entries, and WAXC-WKGA disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WAXC-WKGA has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants’ name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of WAXC-WKGA.
- Any person calling the WAXC-WKGA contest line, gives consent to being recorded and/or broadcast without notification or compensation.
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest for a single prize.
- Winners under the age of 18 (eighteen) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must also provide ID and sign appropriate release forms.
- All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. WAXC-WKGA is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 10 (ten) day grace period.
- All major prizes (valued at $100.00 or more) will be given away by WAXC-WKGA. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- WAXC-WKGA may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any WAXC-WKGA contest is void where prohibited by law.
- WAXC-WKGA, Lake Broadcasting, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of WAXC-WKGA, and may be enacted at any time.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or a prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendum’s are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- Listening on-line or via smart phone apps may affect your ability to enter time sensitive contests.
- Any winner of a prize over the amount of $500.00 dollars is subject to receive a 1099 at the end of the current year